COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021 Participants
All Athletes/Volunteers/Spectators must follow these mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols:
- DO NOT participate if you are feeling unwell or have been exposed to the virus. DO NOT participate if you are at high risk for serious complications due to contracting COVID-19 or are awaiting test results.
- DO NOT register for events if you feel uncomfortable participating! We respect everyone’s feelings during these times. The 2021 Maine Senior Games is offering all of their sports. However, each individual needs to make his or her own decision based upon their level of personal comfort. Err on the side of caution – if you are apprehensive, do not participate.
- For indoor events, athletes, spectators and volunteers will be required to wear a mask upon arrival and while in the registration area if not fully vaccinated. Feel free to wear a mask during competition if that makes you more comfortable.
- Each facility may have its own guidelines that Maine Senior Games athletes will be required to follow and if so, athletes will be provided with details before each event.
- Some sanitizer and wipes will be provided at each event.
- Athletes are encouraged to bring their own lawn chair and an umbrella or canopy for shade at outdoor events.
- Maine Senior Games will follow the State Guidelines as mandated and these may change at any time.
These guidelines will be updated as necessary. Last updated: 6/10/21